Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Walk...

Today is Father's Day. I realized very early in life how very blessed I am to have a wonderful dad in my life. He is a man who loves God, loves his wife and loves his children.  He strives to serve God in all he does and lives his life with integrity.  When he gives you an answer it is solid and dependable. He seeks to bring truth to all he says and does.  There is also a lot of laughter!

As a mom, I look to my dad and see a model of the kind of parent I want to be for my sons.  However, I know that modeling my earthly father isn't enough.  Even he would tell you that he is flawed and imperfect.  It is because of his relationship with our Heavenly Father that my dad is able to be the person that I see.  He tells me to always live my life in the shadow of my Heavenly Father.  It is by living in The Word that I will know how to love and guide my children.  He tells me that by being on my knees in submission to my Savior that I will find the most strength.   

So today...I say thank you, Dad.  Thank you for guiding, loving, supporting, and serving.  Thank you for being the best you can be in all circumstances.  You taught me how to love and serve.  Know that I am forever thankful for you.



I love you, Dad!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment