Friday, June 21, 2013

It's finally here...

Even though school's been out for about 2 weeks, I feel like we are finally on vacation.  I finished my writing class and a huge weight is off my shoulders.  Zachary and Daniel are very happy to have me home. Next week is VBS.  I will drop them off every morning and then enjoy a few hours of quiet.  It's almost like having a "mommy VBS" while they are gone.

This is the first time in 15 years of teaching that I have no workshops to attend during July.  I will be free to play, swim and make memories with my boys.  We will sleep late, watch movies and laugh a lot.

For the first time in a long time, I feel peaceful.  For so long I have worried and agonized over the future for Zachary and Daniel.  But I see them finding calm in their little hearts and it makes this momma smile.  Daniel is finding a new level of calm and control now that his medication is taking affect.  Zachary is finding peace and calm as he sees his brother find peace.  They are so close and in tune with each other.

The old saying, "when momma's happy, everyone is happy" is kind of true.  I feel like now that I see and experience peace over my boys, I can take a deep breath and take care of me.  There is a house in desperate need of attention.  Sean has given so much time and attention to making sure our house keeps running.  He sacrifices so much for us.  Our marriage continues to heal and move forward.  There are still bumps along the way but we handle them together.  God's grace continues to mold and shape our lives.

So...summer is here.  Time for renewal.  Time for rest.  Time for a deep breath to take in God's mercy,  grace and neverending love.

No comments:

Post a Comment