Friday, June 14, 2013

For my boys...

Dear Zachary and Daniel,

It is very late and you are both sound asleep.  Daddy is at work and I have been looking through our family pictures.  It seems like a lifetime ago that God brought our family together.  When I look at the pictures of the sweet little toddlers that God brought to us, I can barely contain my emotions.  You were both so small and so full of wonder.  In your short little lives, there had been so much upheaval and change.  As God molded and shaped our family, there was a new light in your eyes.  We began to see joy and peace.

It's been 6 years since that day in 2007 and your daddy and I love you both more and more.  You are growing up into some of the sweetest and loving boys.  I see you wanting to stretch your wings a little more and I am praying for wisdom.  Even as you stretch and pull into your self, you both come back to us and the end of the day for hugs and prayers.

Zachary...you amaze us.  There is a deep love inside of you.  When you see someone in need of affirmation, you are ready to give it.  I think it's the "big brother" in you.  You are competitive yet you have a deep sense of wanting things to be "fair."  There are times when Daniel drives you crazy but you are the first person to stand up and defend him.  We've known for a very long time that you are a "thinker".  We see you processing life and your story.  Never forget that God created you wonderfully and so perfectly.  He knows the path you have walked and He will use it for His glory.  Our prayer for you is that you will not lean on your own understanding of life but in all your ways acknowledge the Father.  He will make your path straight.  God has mighty plans for you!

Daniel...you astound us.  This has been a difficult year for you.  There is a deep desire to be and do good inside of you.  For reasons beyond your control, making the right choices all the time is very hard for you.  Your daddy and I have cried and prayed over you more times than you probably realize.  There is a boldness in you that we know God will use for His Kingdom.  You see a very "black and white" world.  You will speak up when there is an injustice.  However, along with that boldness there is a deep sensitivity.  You feel empathy and want to bring peace to hurting people.  Spiritual understanding and knowledge comes to you in powerful ways.  Our prayer for you is that you will never forget that you were created for more than this season that you are in right now.  We know that God is going to use this time as a means to reach many people for Him.

As I check on you one more time, I will stare at your sleeping faces for a little longer.  I want to remember the little boys that you are right now.  I want to imagine the teenagers that you will be sooner than I care to admit.  I will pray for the men that you will become.  My heart is so full tonight.

I love you my sweet, sweet boys...
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment