Monday, October 14, 2013

Heart strings...

Dear "S",

Can you believe he's 9 already?  I have thought of you many times today.  Every time I looked at his picture my mind drifted to you as well.  I want you to know that he is growing up and becoming a tremendous young man.  He loves deeply and is very sensitive to the needs of others.  There is a twinkle in his eye when he knows he's being mischevious.  Nothing brings him more joy than when he knows he has made someone else laugh.  Family means the world to him and he is fiercely protective.  He is the first to argue with his little brother but he's also the first to defend him.  The title and role of being a big brother is carried on his shoulders with pride.  Everyday his daddy and I watch him tackle life with more and more confidence.

There are some hard days though.  He wants to know more about you.  There are questions that we don't have answers for just yet.  Some nights he tells me that he misses you but he doesn't know why...we tell him that's okay.  I pray everyday that The Lord will give me the words to say that will bring comfort to his heart.

Tonight he is asleep in his bed with a smile.  His birthday was filled with joy and he told me it was the best day ever.  I can only imagine what this day was like for you.  Every time you came to my mind I asked The Lord to be near you and bring you comfort.  For many years I asked The Lord to bring a child to my womb.  The pain of that unanswered prayer was sometimes unbearable.  But tonight, I was able to hold the child of your womb in my arms and my heart sang.  The strings of our hearts are forever connected and I thank God for you.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment