Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My head is full...

Time and attention.

Those two words alone are overwhelming. There never seems to be enough of one and not enough energy for the other.  Before going to bed each night I plan and schedule my day.  I can plan out the details as see everything coming together.

But then morning comes.  And the whining starts.  And before I can pour my first cup of coffee, my energy for the day is gone and the schedule is a fragment of my imagination.  We push through the day.  I cling to whatever joy and energy I have left.  I don't want to be a mom who is constantly grumpy.  My sons need to see a mother serving her family with joy.

How do I balance meeting the needs of my boys, be the teacher I expect of myself, and be a partner with my husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment